We are dedicated women, men and children all here to seek God, follow Jesus Christ, celebrate the gifts of the Holy Spirit and serve our neighbor.
All are accepted and welcomed, connecting the needs of people to the presence of God, and transforming the world through Christ.
We see strong leaders who develop vital congregations that eagerly make new disciples, actively nurture existing disciples, and passionately advocate for the needs and concerns of all people.
OUR CORE VALUES:
• Deep love for God & unconditional love for all people.
• Collaboration and partnerships that demonstrate God’s love to a world that divides and alienates.
• Relationships that foster accountability, excellence, and an ability to engage in hope, honest, and respectful conversations.
• The hope that we have in Christ that, when discovered, brings us a unity of purpose, a joy that enlivens our spirit, a peace that surpasses all understanding.
ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
From our small beginnings in the home of a devoted Methodist family in 1831, our church has become a home for many – the place where we celebrate the joys of baptism and marriage, the place we bear the sorrows of illness, death and loss.
Our Sunday services are often bridged with a coffee hour and the opportunity to meet new friends and greet old ones.
Services at the Babylon United Methodist Church are inspirational and transformational. Outstanding music, dynamic sermons, and an atmosphere rich with spirit of warmth and openness are regular features of our Sunday Worship. We express our spiritual longings with song in choir and in prayer in our prayer group.
We have a well-equipped nursery, complete with toys and and a big rocking chair for soothing little ones whose parents are worshipping in the sanctuary.
Our arms reach out into the community and our hands help around the world. As United Methodists, we belong to a connectional church that contributes to mission programs and relief efforts both locally and globally.
There’s Something Here for Everyone!
- Sunday School, educating children 3-15 in the Christian tradition
- Vacation Bible School in the summer
- Confirmation Classes
- Methodist Youth Fellowship, for young people in grades 5-12
- Bible Study
- United Methodist Women & United Methodist Men
- Children’s Choir & Adult Chancel Choir
- Feeding Ministries: Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen
- James Street Players – Our theater group
- Nursery School for children 2-1/2 to 4 years of age
Click HERE to meet our Staff and Leadership!